Business license application forms
Business license application and license renewal form - PDF packet includes instructions. You will prepare, print, sign and deliver the application in person or by mail to: Financial Services Department, Attn: Business license, 102 Roadrunner Dr., Sedona, AZ 86336.
Special Event business license application - PDF packet includes instructions
How business license applications are processed
Ordinances that govern business licensing are located in City Code, Title 5 - Chapter 5.05. The following steps and time frames apply.
1. Submit the completed application with payment to the Sedona Financial Services Department, 102 Roadrunner Dr., Building 106, Sedona, AZ 86336.
Start of the seven-day administrative review
2. Applications are reviewed for completeness, affidavit of legal presence, payment, supporting documentation, and signature. If applications are incomplete, missing documents, or payment not made, the application will be returned. If all items are complete, the application proceeds.
Start of the 40-day substantive review
3. All applications will be reviewed by the Finance Department within 10 days after the administrative review to verify that there are no outstanding issues with a prior year's business license or past due payments for sales tax, utility billing, or other services. If everything is in order, the application proceeds.
4. The Community Development Department reviews for compliance with all City Codes, Land Development Code; Building, Zoning , and any other applicable regulations. This review will be completed within 20 days. The application then proceeds to the next step.
5. If an application is denied for any reason by either the Finance Department or Community Development departments the applicant will be notified in writing as to the reason(s) for denial. If the application if approved by both departments, the application will move on to step 7.
6. An approved application will return to the Finance Department and the issuance of a business license will be completed and mailed to the applicant within the last 10 days of the Substantive Review Process.